Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Poona
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers shine brighter than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Python Developer.
In this role, you will:
- Be part of a global team of development engineers supporting the Quantitative Investment Strategy (QIS) business which is an Equity Derivative structuring business
- Manage developments end to end (Requirement gathering, development, testing, UAT, deployment and support)
- Responsible to deliver high quality software by respecting timelines and quality/integration processes
- Rapidly understand technical and functional requirements through regular interactions with business, external data vendors, project managers and developers
- Drive adoption of agile mindset and accelerated delivery pipeline by embracing automated tools in DevOps transformation
- First line Support (rota), support users on platforms and tools developed
- Ensure service resilience, service sustainability and recovery time objectives are met for all the software solutions delivered
- Keep up to date and have expertise on current tools, technologies and areas like cyber security and regulations pertaining to aspects like data privacy, consent, data residency etc. that are applicable
- Drive the India junior members to help them improve their skills and progress in their career
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements:
- B.E/B.Tech/M.E/M.S degree with 5-10 years of IT experience
- Strong programming skills in Python, OOP and not only scripts, knowledge of common data science/manipulation libraries
- Proficiency in q/KDB+ programming with good understanding of ticker-plant architecture, RDB/HDB, IPC, functional queries, database partitioning etc
- Sound knowledge of data structures, algorithms and design patterns
- Good understanding of mathematical concepts underlying financial instruments especially Equity Derivatives including Calculus, Logarithms, Probability and Statistics etc.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills is very important for the role
- Willingness and ability to work on new technologies and problems is a must
- Proficient in code versioning tools such as GIT, SVN etc
- Good understanding of agile methodologies and DevOps tooling such as JIRA, Maven, Jenkins pipeline, Ansible etc.
- Working knowledge of Web services, Web UIs, APIs, micro services
- Equities products (mainly Equity Derivatives) understanding and practical experience
- Understanding of structured products
- Front Office/Business support experience needed
- Any exposure to Quantitative Analysis within investment banks is a big plus
- Prior Excellent communication skills in English (Spoken and written)
- Attention to details
- Ability to work in a complex and global environment
- Autonomy and team player
- Ability to own an entire project cycle with deployment
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by – HSBC Software Development India
Submit CV To All Data Science Job Consultants Across Bharat For Free