Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Hicksville, NY
National Grid is hiring a Privacy and Records Management Analyst for our Records Management department in Hicksville, NY.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record put us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
To provide an analytical support service such as gathering and analyzing data and producing reports in order to provide relevant and up-to-date information to support records management policy and requirements.
- Responsible for the creation, updating and maintenance of National Grid’s records retention schedules. Conducts inventories, interviews department staff, analyzes results, and documents procedures used to create schedules.
- Review inventories of records of all mediums, to develop and implement methods for applying the records retention schedule to the records.
- Conducts inventories of personally identifiable information in order to ensure a comprehensive data map and appropriate protection of personal and sensitive information and records.
- Maintains all required information in the records management computer application (Versatile), and monitors the accuracy of the application database.
- Supports the technical specialist advising on requirements and problems with the application. Train National Grid personnel in using the client portion of the application.
- Directs, designs, develops, recommends and implements manual and/or automated active records filing and retrieval systems.
- Respond to inquiries regarding the protection of personal and sensitive information and records.
- Reviews, evaluates and recommends designation of records/information considered vital to the organization.
- Manages records stored offsite and/or commercial storage contracts. This includes monitoring activity and costs, maintaining an accurate and efficient index of the records, and satisfying reference requests.
- Writes procedures and provides training to departmental personnel.
- Designs and implements data structures required for e-records management.
- Performs studies and prepares reports and/or presentations covering special assignments and activities.
- Provides regular written and oral communications on project status via written reports and status meetings.
- Maintains and develops professional skills through ongoing training and career development, including self-study, classroom training, and industry seminars and workshops.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with specialized course work in records management, business law, and computer technology, and a minimum of (2) years of experience in a retention scheduling environment.
- Certified Risk Manager (CRM) Program certification is preferred
- Experience with Versatile Records Management software is highly preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of records management principles.
- Experience with Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) application software is preferred.
- Knowledge of vital records/disaster recovery procedures and of the technology available to protect vital records.
- Strong analytical ability with thorough knowledge of information technology methods to be able to identify application components and apply retention schedules to them
- Ability to conduct legal research, and knowledge of sources of retention information.
- A valid Drivers License is required for this role.
Salary: $74,000 – $87,000
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.