Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Naperville, IL
To help save our customers green, we need an amazing team who knows all about it. Our National Finance & Administration Services department oversees the management of the critical resources and infrastructure that our people need to get the job done at every level. This service department is designed to make sure our retail divisions and executive leadership receive the support they need to run a successful operation. Within Finance our teams include: Accounting, Financial Planning & Analysis, Financial Reporting, Tax and Treasury.
In this role the Business Analytics Analyst II will be responsible for complex business analysis that support the Executive Leadership Team and Business Unit Finance division at ALDI working with a statistical Software (Applied Predictive Technologies) to run advanced analyses including designing experiments to help measure and manage the risk of key investments. The ideal candidate will be proficient in Microsoft Suites applications with regression modeling and SQL a plus and have an educational background in finance, project management, business, statistics. The objective of this role is to analyze, evaluate, and deliver analysis to improve the financial performance, profitability, cash flow and return on investment for key projects and initiatives.
Position Type: Full-Time
Work Location: Naperville, IL
This role is eligible to participate in ALDI’s Hybrid Work Program, which allows remote work up to 3 days per week (i.e., work remotely up to 3 days per week; work in-office at least 2 days per week).
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Researches, analyzes and explains current and past activity, expected trends and potential effect of change to support findings and recommendations to clients.
- Recommends process improvements for area of responsibility.
- Supports assigned analyses and projects, performs complex analyses with actionable outcomes.
- Interprets financial trends and identifies financial deviations from expected performance.
- Reports financial results to various business units within the organization.
- Utilizes financial techniques to proactively identify financial opportunities to positively impact the business.
- Reviews and analyzes the financial and operational data specific to assigned analyses and projects.
- Maintains a high level of data integrity and takes appropriate action to investigate potential data discrepancies.
- Prepares and reviews more advanced charts, tables, and other exhibits for use in reports.
- Prepares complex reports, statements, working papers, schedules and summaries supporting assigned business projects.
- Assists management with financial planning, budgeting/forecasting, variance analysis and ad hoc business analysis.
- Supports meetings that are integral to the success of the assigned project and analytical workload.
- Serves as liaison between business end users and the various database teams.
- Learns the underlying data attributes, metrics and calculations and strives to become an expert of the data and metrics.
- Helps solve business questions and analytical approaches with internal client teams.
- Initiates new and improved business reporting methods through modeling of data.
- Stays up to date on the various data repository systems used throughout the business.
- Serves as a subject matter expert by providing extensive business and technical analysis based on client needs.
- Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to leadership.
- Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
- Other duties as assigned.
ALDI Acts Competencies:
Perform within ALDI Acts competencies as outlined below.
- Collaborates and Cooperates with Team: Commits to and supports a collaborative and high-performing working environment with peers and managers.
- Drives for Success: Seizes opportunities and proactively takes concrete actions to complete tasks. Goes the “extra mile” and persistently overcomes obstacles to improve outputs.
- Focuses on the Customer: Seeks to understand underlying customer needs to create value. Drives the team to maintain focus on customers.
- Focuses on Quality: Takes an efficient, analytical approach to solve problems or produce outputs in an accurate and timely manner. Ensures quality and accuracy of results.
- Plans and Prioritizes: Sets priorities and organizes information in order to efficiently and effectively get the job done.
- Gives attention to detail and follows instruction.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective time management; maximizes productivity.
- Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to analyze and report data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Ability to identify operational issues, recommend and implement strategies to resolve issues.
- Knowledge of financial analysis strategies, financial modeling concepts and profitability calculations.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Finance or a related field required.
- A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in an analytical role or analytics required.
- Or, a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- Experience using APT applications (Applied Predictive Technologies) preferred.
- Work is performed in an office environment where a computer, telephone and other office equipment are used as needed to perform duties.
- Regularly required to sit, reach, grasp, stand and move from one area to another.
- Constantly and repeatedly use keyboard/mouse.
- Occasionally required to push, pull, bend, lift and move up to 25 lbs.
- International & Domestic travel required.
- Up to 5%.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- Up to 6 Weeks Paid Parental Leave at 100% of pay
- Up to 2 Weeks Paid Caregiver Leave at 100% of pay
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI’s receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.