Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Indraprasth
Job Title: Fraud Analyst
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances These requests will be reviewed and agreed for a period of time i.e., will have a start and end date.
Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
To handle effectively and efficiently Inbound (voice), outbound (on need basis) calls to resolve potential fraud alerts on UK customer credit cards, either by notification from the customer through digital/telephony/network channels or outbound contact to the customer generated by internally generated system referrals (e.g., Fraud Strategy/Adeptra) and or staff referrals. Aim to initiate actions to prevent further fraudulent activity and minimize customer impact/loss. To work on scenarios which are highly complex in nature. To be responsible for doing all the regulatory checks and manage complaints that arise out of interactions. To be able to manage multiple portfolios as these colleagues are cross skilled on multiple portfolios. To be able to make critical decisions base on case details and available resources to ensure minimal Genuine Customer Impact and Missed Frauds.
To ensure the quality of output and accuracy of information is maintained
What will you be doing?
- Deal with customer queries and ensure appropriate resolution is offered to be able to manage customer experience and NPS (Net Promoter Score)
- Handle customer requests with the support of clearly defined scripts and processes. Adhere to the Service Level Agreements specified by the client / process and ensure adherence to time schedules
- May have the authority to release and verify funds across a variety of systems used by the department. Deal with customers and may be required to identify, log and escalate complaints and resolve queries by tracking them internally and escalate upwards if necessary
- Responsible for the management of own daily workload, to ensure telephone enquiries / queries are dealt with in an efficient and knowledgeable manner to meet the demands of the business grades of service and ensuring that all unresolved cases / queries are allocated to the respective areas
- Responsible for identifying potential loss situations promptly escalating to the relevant areas to minimise the risk to the business and the customer
- Adhere to organizational wide information security policies and procedures. Assist Team Manager / Process Expert in administration of the section, including organising workflow, queue management and query resolution
- Adhere to quality control discipline, procedures and checks at all times
- Day to day query resolution, with upward escalation of more complex queries to the management team
- Report issues and concerns as soon as possible to seniors/ team leaders/ managers etc. in time and with complete information, in which effort is made to prevent or limit possible damage/fraud.
- Responsible for driving own performance management, collating relevant documentation, preparing for and arranging self-performance reviews
- Thorough solution of queries & identify improvements to processes
- Maintain effective performance by being adaptable and positive in approach to dynamic business circumstances, questioning procedures and proactively seeking solutions
- Knowledge of risk awareness, audit disciplines and controls
- Differentiate the genuine customers from fraudsters using verbal and physical signs present on the account
- Managing customers in vulnerable circumstance
- Taking up and managing customer complaints
- Provide supportive care to the customers who have been victim of fraud
What We’re Looking For
- Under-Graduate/Graduate/Post-Graduate in any discipline (Fresher’s applicable however preferably Graduate Fresher). Relevant years of experience would be preferred.
- Experience of working in a customer facing service environment
- Effective communication skills
- Good typing skills (25-30 word per minute)
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- Achieving high standards and delivering results with accuracy and attention to detail
- Flexibility in hours of work and ability to work in changing shifts patterns
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose, Values and Mindset
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone’s contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Our Mindset shapes how we take action, living by our Values, driven by our Purpose, always with our customers and clients at the heart of what we do; our Mindset is to Empower, Challenge and Drive.
Trust and support each other to deliver. Make decisions with those closest to the topic. Include diverse perspectives. Celebrate success and learn from failure.
Question whether things can be done better. Use insights based on data to inform decisions. Be curious about how we can adapt and improve. Speak up and be open to alternative viewpoints.
Focus on outcomes. Deliver with pace. Be passionate and ambitious about what we do. Take personal responsibility. Actively build collaborative relationships to get things done.