Job Location: Kochi/Cochin
We are looking for an experienced data analyst, preferably with additional data science, machine learning and AI experience. The initial assignment will be with the Data Analytics team to optimize the quality of our datasets and prepare them for upcoming machine learning and AI tasks. You will use Databricks, Apache Spark, Spark SQL, Python, Tableau, and custom APIs to perform these tasks. Previous experience with real estate, telecom or geographic information systems is a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Study business requirements to design and document data models and data transformation rules.
- Maintain vendor and corporate (internal) data dictionaries and the mappings between the two.
- Triage data quality issues and communicate with the appropriate data engineering teams to address problems.
- Act as liaison between business intelligence and data engineering teams.
- Certify new data sets as they are ingested by data engineering.
- Identify patterns in data that can be used to develop proprietary metrics.
Skills and Qualifications
- Passion for driving value using data and technology.
- Growth-oriented and curious – You are a critical thinker who is always looking for how things can work better.
- Self-motivated – You tackle problems head-on, seek out help when needed, and prioritize work based on impact.
- Outcome-oriented – You care about the details and hold yourself accountable to the outcome.
- Data-informed – You form perspectives and make decisions by first seeking out data and context.
- Delivery-focused You excel at turning stakeholder requests and turning them into projects and navigate between multiple projects, meet deadlines, and process ad hoc report requests.
- Effective communicator – You are intentional about what you want to communicate, distill complex ideas into straightforward language, and present with confidence.
- Team-player – You empower others to succeed and have a “can do” attitude.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- 5+ years of experience in data analytics.
- Experience with real estate, telecom or geographic information systems is a plus.
- Databricks, Apache Spark, MLFlow experience is a plus.
- Experience with large data sets and proficient in SQL.
- 1+ years’ experience with any data visualization or business intelligence tool (e.g. Tableau, Power BI, Looker, etc.).
- Extensive experience querying large, complex data sets & proven ability to derive and present insights from multiple imperfect, varied, and inconsistent data sources using a scientific approach.
- Programming skills with one or more of these languages R, Python, Scala… and the willingness and ability to learn new languages and tools as needed.
- Experience with A/B testing approaches
- Expertise in creating spreadsheets of findings, and the presentation skills to share them in a coherent format with all stakeholders (i.e., engineering, product, and company leadership teams).