Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: New York, NY
- Design new data products and develop big data capabilities in order to address business model challenges and offer solutions
- Collaborate with international teams to drive usage and adoption of new data products and capabilities
- Use and further enhance machine learning methods and tools
- Understand and leverage new data sources and integrate traditional structured data with raw data from websites, social media and third parties
- Model and frame business scenarios that are meaningful and impact critical business decisions
- Support change within the organization
- M.S. or Ph.D. in a quantitative field such as Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, applied Mathematics, Physics or related topics
- Proven experience working with data science to develop innovative data products and capabilities in order to extract actionable insights
- A desire to constantly train yourself and hone your data skills within a business context
- Strong knowledge of machine learning methods
- Advanced knowledge of standard methods across the entire data science pipeline
- Solid programming skills in Python and R; additional programming languages such as SAS, Scala, Spark, C/C++ and/or Java are a plus
- Knowledge of databases, database concepts, database design and related languages / tools such as SQL, NoSQL, Hive, etc.
- Visual storytelling expertise is a plus
- Experience with mining massive data sets (ex. with Hadoop) is a plus
- Problem-solving mindset with strong relationship building, collaborative and communication skills
- Geographic flexibility; travel and relocation will be required, as projects are located throughout the world for the entire duration of the program
- Foreign languages are a plus
How to apply:
US-based recruiting for our program begins at the start of the academic year. In 2023, we will conduct interviews during the first quarter of the year. Offers will be extended after final interviews in April. Those who enter the program typically start in September 2023.
Thank you for your interest in Bertelsmann.
Bertelsmann is a media, services and education company that operates in about 50 countries around the world. It includes the entertainment group RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House, the music company BMG, the service provider Arvato, the Bertelsmann Printing Group, the Bertelsmann Education Group and Bertelsmann Investments, an international network of funds. The company has 145,000 employees and generated revenues of €18.7 billion in the 2021 financial year. Bertelsmann stands for creativity and entrepreneurship. This combination promotes first-class media content and innovative service solutions that inspire customers around the world. Bertelsmann aspires to achieve climate neutrality by 2030.
Company: Bertelsmann, Inc.
Country: United States of America
State/Region: New York
City: New York
Postal Code: 10001
Job ID: 256707
Salary Range: MIN: $80,000 – MAX: $90,0000