Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Home, KS
The GEO Business/Process Analyst Intern role will work within the Global External Operations (GEO) group, which has primary responsibility over all activities related to contract manufacturing.
Specifically, the intern will work closely with the Associate Director, GEO Program Leader, to support business operations related to product development and commercialization of a drug delivery system. They will gain insight and experience into the end-to-end drug development process. This position will provide an opportunity to be hands-on in Global External Operations space and exercise important professional skills, including evaluation of contracts, understanding the decision-making process, how to work with external partners, and effectively communicating throughout a broader organization.
Secondarily, this role will also lead continuous improvement initiatives within our technical, quality, and operations teams across critical processes that support how we prepare for and release material within our external supply chain nodes.
- Customer focus: dedicated to understanding and meeting the expectations and requirements of internal customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Planning: sets objectives/goals; breaks down work into the process steps; develops schedules; accurately scopes out projects and resource needs.
- Decision-making: makes sound decisions within the scope of their role. Uses appropriate judgement in escalating issues or questions to supervisor. Self-directed within role; recognizes and acts on opportunities without being asked.
- Agility: can change direction comfortably when needed; can effectively cope with change; can decide and act within the scope of their role without having the total picture.
- Organizing: can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal.
- Leadership: gains the trust and support of peers; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; can successfully collaborate and influence to complete assigned tasks.
- Creativity: has a continuous improvement mindset; can see and suggest opportunities for improving processes or tasks. Can develop and implement process improvements within the scope of their role.
- Critical Thinking: can analyze and interpret data from varying sources, evaluate it and make recommendations to supervisor and/or business.
- Competency in MS Office Suite (word/ excel / powerpoint, etc.)
- Student pursing a Bachelor’s degree in fields related to Supply Chain/Logistics or Business or Industrial/Operations Engineering
- Student must be returning to school in the Fall Term OR has graduated within the 1 year of the start of the program.
- Must be available to work 40 hours a week
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
Benefits Of a BioMarin Internship
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment.
- Develop skills specific to your major.
- Opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business.
- Weekly Speaker Seminar Series with Executive Staff.
In the U.S., the hiring range for this position is $ 21.00 to $ 25.00 per hour. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors.
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.