Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Akron, OH
Akron, OH, US, 44308
Job Function: Transmission
Employee Type: Reg Full Time (FT)
Requisition ID: 59524
FirstEnergy at a Glance
We are a forward-thinking electric utility powered by a diverse team of employees committed to making customers’ lives brighter, the environment better and our communities stronger.
FirstEnergy (NYSE: FE) is dedicated to integrity, safety, reliability and operational excellence. Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, FirstEnergy includes one of the nation’s largest investor-owned electric systems, more than 24,000 miles of transmission lines that connect the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions, and a regulated generating fleet with a total capacity of more than 3,500 megawatts.
About The Opportunity
This is an open position with FirstEnergy Service Co., a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. [FEU]
This position can be located at any FE location.
The Process Control & Continuous Improvement (PC & CI) group drives to enact impactful business change in the Construction & Design Services (C&DS) and Transmission organizations by actively promoting and facilitating the use of continuous improvement (CI) methods, fostering a passion for Performance Excellence, and empowering employees to make large process changes and incremental improvements.
The ideal candidate will have strong leadership and interpersonal communication skills, ability to present to audiences at all levels in the organization and demonstrated ability to build relationships with internal teams. A history of implementing sustained improvements in industry using Lean/Continuous Improvement techniques is preferred.
- Building effective working relationships with assigned departments by assisting with identification and closure of improvement projects
- Facilitating use of CI tools through improvement sessions, documenting requirements, communicating efforts and projects, and conducting regular round table/focus group sessions
- Driving change to achieve higher levels of performance in safety, quality, performance, and cost every day
- Promoting project identification, development, and implementation within Construction & Design Services and Transmission functional areas
- Creating project plans, and guide peers and other stakeholders
- Scheduling, facilitating, and conducting cross-functional process improvement sessions
- Training and guiding personnel on use of Lean and other CI techniques
- Reviewing and publishing monthly and ad-hoc reports on process improvements
- Working with executive leadership, setting strategy for project identification, prioritization, development and implementation in alignment with strategic goals
- Coordinating with departments to develop, publish, update, and communicate the annual Strategic Business Plan
- Reviewing proposed PLMP changes and coordinate approval of changes with PLMP process owner
- Overseeing analysis of PLMP performance against goals and the establishment, maintenance, and reporting of PLMP KPIs
- Ensuring application of project lessons learned
- Conducting analyses to determine the root causes of issues
- Acting as a resource to management to lead others at lower levels in the job family in solving highly complex problems
- Assisting during emergencies and storm-related activities which may involve travel to various FirstEnergy locations, when requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Math, Science, Finance, or a related discipline is required. In lieu of degree, minimum 2 years relevant work experience will be required. Relevant experience includes data reporting, analysis, costing, and understanding of business processes, along with an in-depth understanding of the subject matter.
- Experience with CI methodologies and tools (such as Lean) and applying them in industry
- Strong communication, collaboration, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to lead other and challenge the status quo
- Exceptional relationship management, leadership, and teamwork
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple project
- Ability to convey information at various levels in the organization
- Ability to deliver quality, accurate work within established deadlines
- Desire to continue to learn and grow, work across FirstEnergy, and deliver results
- Strong proficiency and knowledge of computer applications including Microsoft Office
- Experience with Power BI, Power Apps Power Automate, SharePoint, Visio preferred or willingness to learn
- Travel will be required at times across the FirstEnergy service territory
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At FirstEnergy, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, a company-sponsored pension plan, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. FirstEnergy proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
FirstEnergy Human Resources Team
Nearest Major Market: Akron
Nearest Secondary Market: Cleveland
Job Segment: Business Analyst, Relationship Manager, Business Process, Developer, Finance, Technology, Customer Service, Management