Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Vancouver, WA
This intern position will be a part of the Global Media Strategy and Competitive Insights team within Media and Data Science organization. Our team’s objective is to develop a global long term media strategy, drive media asset optimization, and offer media competitive insights that work in concert to deliver business results. The successful candidate will work closely with our Business Analysts and with our Personal Systems Media and Search experts to analyze data and create models that help us in optimizing our recommendations. Our ideal candidate would be with us for a year, working with us full time when school not in session and working 6 – 12 hours per week during the 23/24 academic year.
We are looking for someone who is curious, energetic, teamwork-oriented and has a willingness to elevate the performance of the team as a whole through an exceptional ability to turn data into insights. The Media Data Analyst will help to develop and maintain dashboards, perform ad-hoc reporting based on business need, provide actionable insights based on data, and provide strategic support to the Global Media Strategy Team. This internship role will apply both professional experience and academic learnings to deliver expertise in digital marketing data sources, analysis and modeling. The ideal candidate will be able to manage multiple data sources and identify process improvements in how the data is tracked and reported.
Media Data Analytics
- Develop and implement data solutions and statistical models to improve the speed and effectiveness of business decisions
- Gather business requirements, design data structures, and develop code if needed to manage and report data using a diverse set of tools
- Collect, cleanse, analyze and provide data for digital marketing efforts
- Use data narratives and KPI’s to identify insights, trends, and business opportunities and effectively present these to stakeholders
- Interpret data and create ongoing and ad hoc report to interpret data and create ongoing and ad hoc reports
- Identify data and process improvement opportunities by monitoring existing metrics, analyzing data and partnering with internal teams as needed
- Develops data sets to enable self-service data analysis within the broader marketing organization
- Plan and implement marketing attribution models within a multi-channel advertising environment using data from Google, Amazon, and other marketing automation software
- Bachelors in Data Science, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Marketing (or similar field) and actively enrolled in a Master’s program
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working with data, ideally digital marketing data
- Knowledge of media and analytics tools such as Google Cloud Platform (BigQuery), Google Analytics, Search Ads 360, Google Ads, Google Search Console, Display & Video 360, BrightEdge, Similarweb, Semrush, Downstream, Kenshoo, Adobe Experience Manager, Adobe Analytics, etc.
- Expert in Python, SQL, and Excel
- Strong ability in reporting and delivering insights about marketing-specific data from various sources
- Strong proficiency with PowerPoint
- Self-directed with a passion to continue to learn and grow, embracing the continuous improvement approach (define-measure-analyze-improve-control)
- Very strong teamwork orientation
- Ability to work with global teams across multiple time zones
- Fluency in English
- Willingness to work as part of an onsite team at an HP location at least 2 days per week (after COVID)
- If US-based, existing authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship from HP. We are not able to offer visa sponsorship.
Desired But Not Required Knowledge Or Capabilities.
- Experience of working on data visualization tools (Power BI, Looker Studio, Tableau, etc.)
- Knowledge of time-series based methods, Causal Inference, and Machine Learning is a plus.
- Multi-lingual capability a big plus
At HP, we believe in the power of ideas. We use ideas to put technology to work for everyone. And we believe that ideas thrive best in a culture of teamwork. That is why everyone – at every level in every function, is encouraged to have original ideas, to express them and to share them. We trust anything can be achieved if you really believe in it, and we will invest in your ideas to change lives and the way people work. This vision is what sets us apart as a company. At HP we work across borders, and without limits. Global virtual teams share resources and pool their big ideas to solve business issues and meet personal goals. Everyone is valued for the unique skills, experiences and perspective they bring. That’s how we work at HP. And this is how ideas and people grow.
Below Are Some Key Benefits Offered To US Employees
Not only is HP making great products and staffed with outstanding people, but HP offers other valuable benefits.
- 15 vacation days per year (prorated the first year), 10 paid holidays and 2 floating holidays
- HP 401K with company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid disability leave
- Parental leave
- Employee discounts on gym memberships, the latest HP products, and more
You’re out to reimagine and reinvent what’s possible—in your career as well as the world around you.
So are we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo, and creating what’s next. We’re in search of talented people who are inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion – it’s just who we are.
From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone is respected and where people can be themselves, while being a part of something bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you can belong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day. When you do that, you’re more innovative and that helps grow our bottom line. Come to HP and thrive!