Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Mumbai
Firm Risk Management (FRM) supports Morgan Stanley to achieve its business goals by partnering with business units across the Firm to realize efficient risk-adjusted returns, acting as a strategic advisor to the Board and protecting the Firm from exposure to losses as a result of credit, market, liquidity, operational, model and other risks.
Background on the Position
The role will reside within FRM’s Investment Management Risk Department (IMRD) which is a team dedicated to providing governance and oversight of all investment risks arising from the Firm’s business activities. The successful candidate will be based in New York and will provide investment risk coverage of the Firm’s extensive investment offerings in the Morgan Stanley Investment Management (MSIM) Division.
The team covers a wide variety of products such as: private credit & equity, real estate, infrastructure funds, CLOs, multi-asset mutual funds, and money market funds.
- Implement the Investment Risk Framework covering MSIM’s investment portfolio offerings
- Enhance the group’s risk management capabilities by working on data and infrastructure projects
- Provide independent oversight and monitoring of investment risks using tools such as Tracking Error, Factor Analysis, Stress Testing, and Greeks
- Identify and monitor key market events and their potential impact to portfolios
- Develop new and enhance existing tools to improve detection and escalation of risk
- Create presentations articulating key risks and portfolio changes to senior management in a timely fashion
- Regularly perform deep dives into the Firm’s portfolio and ensure the Firm’s inventory of key risks is up-to-date and accurate
- Maintain active dialogue with business units, risk management colleagues, and support groups regarding business activities
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 0-2 years of experience preferably in asset and portfolio management
- Self-motivated, curious, and adaptable with strong attention to detail
- Experience using a variety of technology tools to analyze investment risk, examples of which may include SQL, Python or R, Excel, Tableau and other statistical software packages
- Ability to work both independently and have the interpersonal skills required to collaborate and establish effective relationships with the business and external groups
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; ability to produce concise and effective presentations
- Ability to work on multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously, consistently meeting deadlines
- Willingness to question established processes and seek to improve them
FRM is committed to creating and providing opportunities that enable our workforce to reflect diverse backgrounds and views.