Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Chicago, IL
Who You Are
Vail Systems is looking for a summer intern who is currently enrolled in a PhD program in Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics, Human Computer Interaction, Natural Language Processing, Computational Linguistics or a related field to work with us on some of the challenges in natural language processing (NLP).
The student must be conducting research in NLP and should be able to understand, codify and extract meaning from multiple communication modalities (speech, text), and build new or improve existing models using state-of-the-art machine learning techniques. In addition, preference will be given to candidates with demonstrated proficiency in sentence-generative language models. The student will work with a team of researchers to gain insight from trying new machine learning approaches and will work with practitioners to transition the research to a proof-of-concept.
To be considered for this position, you must:
- Currently enrolled in a PhD program in Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics, Human Computer Interaction, Natural Language Processing, Computational Linguistics or a related field
- 1+ year experience with machine learning and natural language processing
- Strong verbal and writing communication skills
- Ability to independently execute a research agenda and collaborate effectively with other researchers and engineers
- Proficiency in Python or R
- Experience with deep learning platforms, such as PyTorch, Tensor Flow, CNTK, specifically as they relate to the implementation of state-of-the-art deep learning models (including, but not limited to transformer-based models)
- Existing body of relevant research contributions, such as peer-reviewed publications at top-tier conferences and journals related to ML/NLP
Vail Systems Company Profile
The human voice is capable of conveying nuances and meaning that just can’t be expressed through clicks and text messages. And for that reason, voice interactions have always had a special power to shape our perceptions and experiences. At Vail, we believe in the unique power of voice interactions to create more expressive, more intimate, and more efficient interpersonal interactions. Our experts work with Fortune 500 companies to help them serve their customers more efficiently and effectively through the use of various voice technologies. From basic network services, to state-of-the-art IP telephony, to cutting edge real-time analytics, Vail technology makes millions of voice interactions better every day.