Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Charlotte, NC
The Enterprise Functions Technology (EFT) group provides technology solutions and support for Risk, Audit, Finance, Marketing, Human Resources, Corporate Properties, and Stakeholder Relations business lines. In addition, EFT provides unique technology solutions and innovation for Wells Fargo Technology, Enterprise Shared Services, and Enterprise Data Management. This combined portfolio of applications and tools are continually engineered to meet the challenges of stability, security, scalability, and speed.
Compliance, Legal, Audit & Regulatory Technology (CLAR) provides technology support and development for Legal & Data Controls, Compliance Risk & Audit, Financial Crimes, Front Office and Second Line Risk, Employee Compliance, Regulator Regulations, Market Surveillance, and Regulator Change Management.
CLAR Technology has embarked on an ambitious Risk Transformation program and as part of that we are looking for a Senior Application Engineer who will be part of a development team that is responsible for developing and supporting an enterprise platform that manages user business processes, reporting and regulatory reporting in the Financial Crimes area of Compliance.
We are looking for an Transaction Monitoring Lead Software Engineer / Lead SAS Developer with experience in design & development of enterprise systems and handling high volumes of data in the area of AML Transaction Monitoring.
The candidate would lead design, implementation, production support and monitoring to implement a new third-party transaction monitoring system. Technologies involved includes Teradata, Oracle, SAS, SQL, Analytical and Reporting services tools.
The candidate will work closely with the Corporate Risk Governance organization to help in building and supporting an enterprise platform that can adapt to changes quickly to conduct Financial Crimes investigations. This is a unique opportunity to make a huge impact in Financial Crimes area and requires a candidate with thought leadership and technical strength.
In this role, you will:
- Lead complex technology initiatives including those that are companywide with broad impact
- Act as a key participant in developing standards and companywide best practices for engineering complex and large scale technology solutions for technology engineering disciplines
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs
- Review and analyze complex, large-scale technology solutions for tactical and strategic business objectives, enterprise technological environment, and technical challenges that require in-depth evaluation of multiple factors, including intangibles or unprecedented technical factors
- Develop SAS code based on requirements provided by business partners. Testing SAS code in lower environments and ultimately deploying to production.
- Executing SAS code each month and performing quality checks.
- Make decisions in developing standard and companywide best practices for engineering and technology solutions requiring understanding of industry best practices and new technologies, influencing and leading technology team to meet deliverables and drive new initiatives
- Collaborate and consult with key technical experts, senior technology team, and external industry groups to resolve complex technical issues and achieve goals
- Drives and participates in design, development and implementation of large and complex application, owning your solution through implementation.
- Works closely with developers and testers to ensure requirements and functional designs are translated accurately into working technical designs and that test plans and scripts meet customer needs.
- Works with developers and business partners to understand application defects, performance problems and data anomalies.
Required Qualifications, US:
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 5+ years of SAS development experience
- 5 years of SQL experience
- 3+ years of experience in application & data architecture and solution design
- 2 + years of experience with Agile tools
- 2+ years of Compliance and Regulatory systems experience
- Experience with enterprise level Transaction Monitoring solutions.
- 5+ years of experience delivering ETL, data warehouse and data analytics capabilities on big-data architecture such as Hadoop
- 3 years of Java experience.
- 5+ years of experience leading solution architecture projects
- 3+ years Oracle experience
- Analytical and Reporting services tools ( Tableau )
- Financial crimes experience
- Advanced problem solving and technical troubleshooting capabilities
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to facilitate design sessions
- Ability to gather and document technical requirements
- Ability to work effectively in virtual environment where key team members and partners are in various time zones and locations
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.