Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Remote
• +10 Years of experience acting in a Program Security Manager/Program Security Officer/CSSO/Facility Security Officer capacity in which duties required interpreting and implementing requirements within the personnel, industrial, and physical security disciplines.
• +7 Years of proven experience communicating security concepts to executive audiences
• +5 years managing global programs/projects with both technical and non-technical individual
• +5 years minimum experience working with physical security hardware, Intrusion Detection Systems, and Access Control Systems.
• Demonstrated written communication skills with an emphasis on technical writing
• Experience mapping security controls to specific industry, regulatory, organizational strategies
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world leader in providing a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in hundreds of countries around the world. Our customers trust us to secure their data with effective security measures and risk-mitigation strategies. To achieve this objective, the AWS Security organization is looking to hire a Principle Security Industry Specialist to support physical security initiatives for Amazon-sponsored events and to lead initiatives to enhance and optimize security performance globally.
The Principle Security Industry Specialist has broad and deep knowledge of the application of governance, risk and compliance to physical security solutions. They will embrace a passion for innovation and be comfortable defining a way forward in the face of ambiguity. They are also expected to have solid experience understanding and influencing security-related technology decisions made by teams working under regulatory and organizational requirements. This is a senior-level role and as such, you will be expected not only to be an efficient leader within the AWS Security organization but also a strong communicator with Amazon senior leaders as well as vendors that assist our business as much of the impact depends on the ability to work with key stakeholders to achieve results. As a strategic thinker, this role will provide opportunities to think big, be customer obsessed, and to partner with business teams across Amazon.com. In this role, you will define, communicate and manage challenging projects across multiple teams and locations.
In this role, the Principle Security Industry Specialist will provide direction and guidance on special events hosted by Amazon through the coordination of physical security teams and the deployment of security resources. In addition, they will leverage their broad security experience to bolster the AWS Security organizations strategy working to enhance and optimize security performance across the full spectrum of physical security needs.
Key job responsibilities
- Create, implement and execute a comprehensive security strategy for Amazon-sponsored events
- Lead projects that influence teams responsible for security audits, compliance, risk assessments and security policies
- Identify areas of risk by monitoring security assessments and analysis to determine areas of vulnerability
- Develop and executive cohesive strategies to mitigate identified risks.
- Create and report on key metrics to measure the effectiveness of security controls.
- Remain current on security trends, regulations and best practices
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don’t like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don’t get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Advanced degree in relevant field (e.g. JD, Risk Management, Security Management, information security)
• Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals regarding physical security standards and system designs.
• Familiarity with risk management frameworks (eg. ISO 31000)
• Experience/certification with Lenel Access Control Systems
• Training in Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED)
• Advanced security certifications (CISSP, CPP, CISM etc.)
• Familiarity with various Access/Intrusion Control System
• Experience performing security reviews for mission critical services applications
• Experience as an auditor or risk advisor to a Chief Information Security Officer (CISO)
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Submit CV To All Data Science Job Consultants Across India For Free