Job Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra, The Great Bharat
JOB TITLE: Analyst-Structured Data Services
REPORTS TO: Delivery, Data Analyst Manager
The Data Analyst collects and analyses data to identify trends and provides management with valuable information that they can use to improve operational and businesses practices. Their main duties include identifying, gathering, analyzing data, and making their insights accessible to the company through easy-to-understand graphs, charts, tables, and reports.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for performing bulk and programmatic extractions in Excel majorly and sometimes in other file types.
- Performs data cleansing or formatting on the data extracted, using formulae or manually or program tool as needed.
- Uses data mining to extract information from data sets and identify correlations and patterns.
- Organizes and transforms information into comprehensible structures.
- Performs statistical analysis of data.
- Uses tools and techniques to visualize data in easy-to-understand formats, such as diagrams and graphs.
- Prepares reports and presents these to management or clients.
- Identifies and recommends new ways for workflow efficiencies by streamlining business processes.
- Monitoring data quality and removing corrupt data.
- Communicating with stakeholders to understand data content and business requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified.
Skills And Knowledge
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing and working with people in a team environment
- A high level of mathematical ability
- Advanced Excel knowledge
- Macro coding is preferred
- Programming languages, such as Power Query, SQL, Oracle, and Python will be added advantage
- The ability to analyze, model, and interpret data
- Problem-solving skills
- A methodical and logical approach
- The ability to plan work and meet deadlines
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills
- Teamworking skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- 2-5 years experience as a Data Analyst
- Technical expertise in handling large data sets on excels using advanced formulae
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining, and segmentation techniques is preferred
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS, etc)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing, and presenting findings
- College Degree in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management, or Statistics, preferred
While performing the responsibilities of this position, the work environment characteristics listed below are representative of the environment the employee will encounter: Usual office working conditions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- No physical exertion is required.
- Travel within or outside of the state.
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up-to 10 pounds of force as frequently as needed to move objects.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with Arete’s salary and benefit policy.
The Arete Incident Response Human Resources Department retains the sole right and discretion to make changes to this job description.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees’ differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Different makes us better.