Job Location: Poona
Data Engineer, Pune and Chennai
About this Job
Our Connect Technology teams are working on our new Connect platform, a unified, global, open data ecosystem powered by Microsoft Azure. Our clients around the world rely on Connect data and insights to innovate and grow.
As a Software Engineer, you’ll be part of a team of smart, highly skilled technologists who are passionate about learning and supporting cutting-edge technologies such as Azure ML, Docker, Kubernetes, Jupyter, Spark and other Data Science tools. These technologies are deployed using DevOps pipelines leveraging Azure, Kubernetes, Jenkins and Bitbucket/Git.
- Write complex, maintainable code to develop scalable, flexible, and user-friendly applications, using backend Python, SQL, and shell scripts.
- Identify and develop reusable UI components that serve the needs of multiple applications
- Design and develop highly available, low latency, cloud-native applications
- Leverage multiple first- and third-party data sources and develop highly efficient data access RESTful APIs against data stored in Relational and NoSQL databases
- Strong fundamentals in Object Oriented Programming, Mutli-Threaded Programming, and Parallel Processing.
- Strong experience writing complex Python programs utilizing various packages (pandas highly preferred)
- Experience writing complex SQL joins, and Unix shell scripting.
- Experience working with relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience with Spark or related technology
- Experience with Bitbucket, Git, or equivalent source control tool
- Experience working with CI/CD technology such as Jenkins and Artifactory
- Sound SDLC skills, preferably with experience in an agile environment
- Familiarity integrating Restful APIs and an understanding of microservices architecture
- Familiarity with data science concepts such as classification or regression
- Excellent English communication skills, with the ability to effectively interface across cross-functional technology teams and with business leaders
- 4 or more years of applicable software engineering experience with a MS degree
- 4 or more years of applicable software engineering experience with a BS degree
- Minimum B.E / B. Tech / Any relevant qualification or related field.
NielsenIQ is a global measurement and data analytics company providing the most complete and trusted view of consumers and markets in 90 countries covering 90% of the world’s population. Focusing on consumer-packaged goods manufacturers and FMCG and retailers, we enable customers to defy what’s possible. How? We combine unparalleled datasets, pioneering technology, and the industry’s top talent to create insights that unlock innovation. Join us and change the landscape.
Learn more at: www.niq.com
Want to keep up with our latest updates? Follow us on: LinkedIn | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
NielsenIQ is committed to reflecting the diversity of the clients, communities, and markets we measure within our own workforce. We exist to count everyone and are on a mission to systematically embed inclusion and diversity into all aspects of our workforce, measurement, and products. We enthusiastically invite candidates who share that mission to join us.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class. Our global non-discrimination policy covers these protected classes in every market in which we do business worldwide.
Learn more about how we are driving diversity and inclusion in everything we do by visiting the NielsenIQ News Center: https://nielseniq.com/global/en/news-center/diversity-inclusion/