Job Location: Trumbull, CT
The Business Intelligence Center of Excellence unit offers innovative solutions that provide actionable insights to internal and external business partners and customers that help reduce costs, improve outcomes, and measure/forecast business performance. Our team owns the delivery and support of enterprise data as well as business reporting. We collaborate with multiple matrix partners acting as a liaison between IT and our business end users both internal and external.
Under the direction of the Manager of Business Intelligence, the Business Intelligence Report Analyst will examine and evaluate reporting requirements for various business units across the organization. This individual will use proven knowledge of specialized reporting and business intelligence tools to develop reporting structures as required. He or she will provide business process analysis and trend analysis. The Business Intelligence Report Analyst is also responsible for proactively generating and compiling reports, complete with recommended improvements to, or new requirements for, business processes, operational procedures and documentation, and their corresponding reporting structure. You will work closely with the Manager of Business Intelligence and the Business Intelligence Developer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist in the development, design and support of interactive Power BI dashboards and reports utilizing all of Power BI features and capabilities and platform technologies.
- Assist in the design, testing, validation and implementation of internal and external management reports using Microsoft Power BI, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Assist in the design, testing, validation and implementation of workflow solutions related to the collection of key business information and subsequent reporting requirements.
- Ability to recognize data integrity issues
- Work closely with the BI Developer and BI Manager to ensure business requirements are being implemented.
- Obtain and maintain up-to-date specifications for user report needs automating solutions where possible.
- Mathematical skills and statistical knowledge
- Detail Oriented
- Knowledge of data analysis best practices and principles
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical users
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Business Intelligence tools.
- Translate data results into written reports, tables, graphs and charts to convey information to management and/or external partners
- Ensure reports are published based on security standards protecting PHI data
- Research workarounds to reporting service limitations and propose appropriate solutions
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Associate Degree in Computer Science or related field of study, plus 1-2 years of progressively responsible experience in a similar position or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Understanding of relational database management concepts and report development tools a plus.
- Skills with business intelligence software programs a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and work as a team player
- Able to work with limited supervision
- Experience in transportation and/or healthcare organizations a plus
- Able to multi-task, handle multiple projects and meet internal/external deadlines
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to create reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The ability to understand more advance computer skills and be proficient in the intermediate knowledge of software such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
Scope of Responsibilities
Incumbent functions independently within broad scope of established departmental policies and goals. Generally, refers specific problems to supervisor only where clarification of operating policies and procedures may be required.
| Remote | COVID Vaccination Required
CTS offers a competitive, performance based, salary and fringe benefits program. CTS is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, on-the-job injury, sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief. Employment decisions are made without consideration of these or any other factors that employers are prohibited by law from considering. Any discriminatory action can be a cause for disciplinary action.