Job Location: Poona
Job Title: BUK Cost Management – Analyst
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances These requests will be reviewed and agreed for a period of time i.e., will have a start and end date.
Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
The role work within the GSC Finance to support the cost management decision making process by providing high quality decision support, insight, performance reporting and analysis.
The role holder will undertake tasks that cross TCs / Functions and will produce regular analysis of key business issues to support the delivery of business strategy and performance. The role holder will be recognised as a day to day technical expert in their area of expertise i.e. Reporting, Costs or Planning depending on the role.
- Responsible for enhancing existing processes, reporting and controls whilst ensuring the flawless execution of BAU. Driving through efficiencies and process improvements standardising processes across SBU’s where possible
- Supporting capacity creation, cost allocation understanding and risks & opportunities management
- High quality, consistent and standardised offering with complete ownership of the “numbers”
- Perform regular P&L reporting, monthly flash, insightful management reporting, and other adhoc reports and analysis of high complexity
- Periodic Expense reporting, Utilization reporting and other business analytics.
- Able to take lead on different process related issues and projects
- Manage critical month-end close deliverables including journals.
- Establish innovative systems and procedures for handling data & reports and strive for automations / smart solutions for continuously process improvements
- Should be able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Provide financial analysis support to new projects/initiatives
- Perform Coupa POs review from correct P&L impact perspective
- Ensure timely delivery on all deadlines and Internal reviews
- Supporting ad-hoc requests ensuring that we meet high standards to provide a timely response to all queries
- To be flexible, dynamic and adaptive to relatively frequent changes in reporting requirements and organisational structures.
- CA / CWA / MBA or equivalent qualification with strong foundation in Accounting domain
- Knowledge of Automation Tools, Macros, Alteryx, Tableau will carry strong advantage
- Good understanding of financials especially cost and drivers
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint, Macro skills will bring added advantage
- Attention to detail and strong organisational skills a must
- Ability to balance multiple critical requests from various stakeholders with outstanding precision
- BP&A background and experience
- Prior experience in managing senior stakeholders independently
- Expresses thoughts and ideas in a structured and logical way
- Able to provide meaningful insights through data analysis
- Highly motivated self-starter and a team player
- Strong practical knowledge on accounting
- Knowledge of financial services industry and market
- FP&A background and experience would be added advantage
- Strong analytical skills, able to identify key P&L drivers
- Strong Communication skills across a variety of forums and mediums. Proven ability to distil information into key messages and deliver succinctly according to audience
- Ability to develop business strategy, communicate in clear and confident manner, and act independently to implement, sometimes using creativity in approach
- Awareness of simplification and automation tools like Tableau, Alteryx etc. will be a plus
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose, Values and Mindset
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone’s contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Our Mindset shapes how we take action, living by our Values, driven by our Purpose, always with our customers and clients at the heart of what we do; our Mindset is to Empower, Challenge and Drive.
Trust and support each other to deliver. Make decisions with those closest to the topic. Include diverse perspectives. Celebrate success and learn from failure.
Question whether things can be done better. Use insights based on data to inform decisions. Be curious about how we can adapt and improve. Speak up and be open to alternative viewpoints.
Focus on outcomes. Deliver with pace. Be passionate and ambitious about what we do. Take personal responsibility. Actively build collaborative relationships to get things done.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That’s why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our flexible working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.